Saturday, September 17, 2011

Project Earring Storage

So what happened to all of my projects I said I was gonna do, huh? Yeah, I don't know either. Laziness. Since I've been home sick with nowhere to go and no energy to do anything, I've been spending a lot of time on Pintrest getting ideas for pretty much everything. Organizing, crafts, decorating, baking... literally everything. I love the site. I have so many new ideas that I want to get started on when I get better and have motivation. But I thought I'd do a post in my blog showing one of my ideas and one idea I stole from somewhere else. How I store my earrings.

Stolen idea:


I keep my studs, hoops, and some dangling earrings in ice cube trays. It makes it SO easy to keep them paired up and easy to get to. I use to put my studs on a lacy ribbon hung on the wall. It was really cute, but it wasn't convenient to hang them up easily at the end of the day. So I searched around for other ideas. I really didn't want to put them all in one container because it makes it hard to see what your options are. Then I saw this somewhere. Maybe a magazine. Maybe online. No idea. But it's perfect! Since it's not too cute, I put them in a drawer so I don't have to look at them all the time. You can stack them if you want, also.

Own idea:


Pardon the crooked picture. This is definitely cuter than ice cube trays and I love having it displayed. =) I got a cheap frame on sale at a craft store (Dollar Tree, Goodwill, garage sale, one lying around, wherever). Took out the glass and cardboard and all so all it was was the wooden frame. Stapled a piece of that plastic grid whatnot that kids use for easy cross-stitching to the back. There are a lot of colors to choose from, but I like how black shows off the earrings. Stapled a ribbon to the top. You could also use mounting hardware, but ribbons and staples are so much easier. I thought I was done after this, but I encountered a problem when I hung it up. Since the back of the frame was flush against the wall, all of the hooks of the earrings were pushed upward and fell out. Um, oops! So, to create some distance between the wall and the hooks, I put some push pins where the corners of the frame would hit the wall. Perfect!





So there you have. Two easy solutions to a problem I'm sure a lot of accessory-loving ladies have. I have an idea of something to do with all of my necklaces next, but I need to find our drill and get some supplies first... so that will have to wait. =)

1 comment: